Botium in a Nutshell, Part 4: Extending Botium
This is part 4 of the Botium in a Nutshell series of articles.
- Part 1: What is Botium ?
- Part 2: Writing Chatbot Tests
- Part 3: Automating Chatbot Tests
- Appendix A: Botium Wiki
- Appendix B: Botium Connectors
Part 4 of this article series is around some advanced topics.
Show me some code!
We prepared some code samples you can use directly in your browser.
Usually, you don’t need to work on this level, as Botium provides several options to run your test cases (see Part 3 of this series).
We often got requests like these:
- How can I validate that my bot actually accepted and processed the order ?
- One of my test cases requires some special setup routine
- How can I reset my chatbot after each test case ?
Botium provides several extension points for adding your own custom behaviour to BotiumScript:
- Custom Asserters will add your custom test case assertion logic to Botium
- Custom Logic Hooks will add your custom business logic to Botium